Australia’s family migration scheme is designed to allow people to migrate to Australia to join family members already living here as Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents. In many cases a New Zealand citizen who lives in Australia and meets certain requirements can also sponsor family to migrate to Australia.
A person who qualifies to migrate to Australia may include their own family unit in their visa application.
Normally the Australian relative must sign and lodge Sponsorship papers with the Australian Government.
Sponsored visas include:
- Being included on your non-Australian partner’s Australian visa
- Fiance Visa
- New Zealanders
- Partner Migration
- Prospective Marriage Visa
- New Zealand Citizens
- Parent Migration
- Contributory Parent Migration
- Contributory Aged Parent Migration
- Parent Migration (now closed)
- Aged Parent Migration (now closed)
- Aged Dependent Relative (now closed)